CAREER OPPORTUNITY – PLANT MANAGER
|Location||Port Qasim, Karachi|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent|
|Qualification||Bachelors in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering|
|Experience||15 years of relevant experience with 3 years’ in a senior managerial role
( Oil & Gas / Cement / Metal / Chemical Industry experience is preferred)
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience in managing multiple departments in a manufacturing concern.
- Experience of both plant commissioning and operations is preferred.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing methodologies, including injection molding, casting, sheet metal.
- Strong knowledge of general engineering and operations’ procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Lock-out / Tag-out and
- Work Permit procedures.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Understanding of SAP in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO systems.
- Knowledge of HSE procedures, Risk Assessment, and Emergency Response Systems.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Responsible for managing the Production, Maintenance, Planning, HSE and Administration functions.
- Management of EPC Contractors for commissioning of Plant.
- Develop systems, policies and procedures for plant operations and ensure its proper implementation.
- Ensure efficient utilization of available manpower and material resources at the Plant.
- Manage overall Production activities ensuring all stages of existing projects are being executed as per agreed timelines.
- Ensure quality of manufactured products is as per required specifications and finished goods are available to the Supply Chain department for timely delivery to OEMs.
- Supervise equipment inspections as well as preventive maintenance as per agreed schedules.
- Oversee compliance of all functions as per the specified standards.
- Liaise with Technical partner on all technical matters for implementation on the production floor.
- Ensure all training needs of staff are evaluated, completed and renewed as needed.
- Ensure effective cross-functional coordination between Supply Chain, Quality Assurance & Sales for smooth and efficient operations to meet production goals.
- Oversee that HSE guidelines and plans are up to date and followed and review Emergency response plans that are developed from time to time.